You're checking me out because you know me, and if you know me, well, enough said.

Friday, July 18, 2008

America's Superhero Complex

I read this article last week about how America is having an identity crisis with its onslaught of superhero movies. I suppose the writer was trying to dissect the way Americans are trying to relate with those who are unrelatable and trying to save the world from themselves. It got heavy into politics towards the end, which I suppose is something that is weighing heavily on American minds, but I feel it made the whole story go sour. Just as I had mentioned the great slew of movies that just came through this summer, each character is described with our country in mind. I don't know if I found it exactly accurate enough, and I can't exactly tell if the guys is a comic book fan (which is a shame, in my opinion, because if you're not a fan, DO NOT attempt to write about the genre), but it may be worth checking out. America's Identity Crisis and the Superhero.

No comments: