You're checking me out because you know me, and if you know me, well, enough said.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Watchmen the movie

I can not wait. I first read Alan Moore's masterpiece when I was 15 years old, so over ten years ago, and to this day I still find it something to marvel at. The artwork is not exaggerated, adhering to proportions and realistic human form, but the characters and the storytelling is gripping. When V for Vendetta was first made, I was excited to see how that would translate as a film, and I can't say I was disappointed. But this is a classic, and if it's a cliche, cheesy, superhero movie akin to Superman Returns, it would be such a harsh slap in the face to comic book fans everywhere. Entertainment Weekly wrote an article about director Snyder's rendition of the graphic novel and in all honesty, it sounds pretty good. I'm excited. Enough so that I think that's next on my summer reading list. Might as well brush up on a good read.

No comments: